4.19.2006

Hey there

Welcome to my blog.

Blog Rule #1 - Start at the bottom and work your way up. You know, like reading the last page of a book first. Like reading your oldest email first. Like eating dessert before the meal.

Today, I learned that my job of over twenty years has been eliminated. As of May 1, I will be a free agent. Woohoo! I'm not disappointed....this wasn't really my dream job after all. Why did I stay here over twenty years? I have no idea.

Probably something to do with comfort zones, security and great benefits. The people were nice, but the job hasn't been rewarding or even challenging for a long time now.

So, what next? I've never had to look for a job or had a job interview. I wasn't looking for this one; didn't interview for it either and that's part of the story.

This blog is for my Mom (Hi Mom!) but mainly it's for me, because frankly, I'm a little nervous about what's "out there." Writing always seems to help me deal with things, so maybe this will be helpful.

Or not.

We'll see.

3 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home