8.24.2006

Art Deepens The Mystery

"The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery."
Francis Bacon

My husband is a sculptor, working with metal, mostly copper. At left, one of our cats (originally named "Miss Kitty") sees the mystery in a solid copper gecko.



His inspiration comes mostly from nature, and his work encompasses everything from the classical to the whimsical. (In this picture, the gecko is real!)



Here's my favorite piece though. He made just for me. I love it beyond all reason; it's cute, don't you think? It's called "Superstar."

I have no idea why.

*wink*

Check him out. He's good. Metalfusion.com.

1 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Blogger Dianne Barbee said...

Pamela,

What an interesting blog entry! From the pieces you have shown, your husband is very talented.

I'm with you on the favorite, however! *g*

Caro (Carolina On My Mind)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home