6.22.2006

Through the Years, Musically

Email of the day.

It was fun being a baby boomer, until now. Some of the artists of the'60's are revising their hits with new lyrics to again accommodate the Babyboomers.

They include:

Herman's Hermits----Mrs. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Walker
The Bee Gees----How Can You Mend a Broken Hip
Bobby Darin---Splish, Splash, I was Having a Flash
Ringo Starr---I Get by With a Little Help From Depends
Roberta Flack---The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face
Johnny Nash----I Can't See Clearly Now
Paul Simon---Fifty Ways to Lose Your Liver
The Commodores----Once, Twice, Three Times to the Bathroom
Marvin Gaye----Heard it Through the Grape Nuts
Procol Harem---A Whiter Shade of Hair
Leo Sayer---You Make Me Feel like Napping
Tony Orlando---Knock 3 Times on the Ceiling If you Want Me, Twice on the Pipes, If You Hear Me Fall
Helen Reddy---I Am Woman, Hear Me Snore


Yeah, that's funny. Except maybe not. The very first group I ever saw in concert was Herman's Hermits. Whaaaat? The second groups I saw were Badfinger and Argent! No Matter What You Do! Hold Your Head Up!

I decided to dig out my cache of concert ticket stubs, and have a little musical flashback. So, in no particular order, some of my fave concerts.

Sting - Santana - Coldplay - David Bowie - 10,000 Maniacs - The Eagles - Doc Watson - The Who - Rolling Stones - Paul McCartney - Bonnie Raitt - Kim Locke - Kiss - Tony Trischka - Bela Fleck - Stevie Ray Vaughan - Living Color - Doobie Brothers - Dan Fogelburg - Bo Bice - Neil Young - Foghat - Bob Dylan - ZZTop - Indigo Girls - Booker T and the MGs - Jane's Addiction - Lollapalooza - Paul Simon - Clay Aiken - Crosby, Stills and Nash - Trace Adkins - Joe Nichols - Bruce Springsteen - The Police - Nine Inch Nails - The Clash - Grateful Dead - Josh Gracin - Wynnona Judd - Pink Floyd - Ice T - Jason and the Scorchers - Henry Rollins - Josh Groban - Pure Prairie League - Karl Wallinger and World Party - Red Hot Chili Peppers

So much fun I can barely even remember it all. Live music is the BEST! But... it gets tougher when you are an, um, adult. So, I agree with comedian Greg Behrendt; there should be rock concerts for adults! They start at 7 and you're home by 10.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home