4.20.2006

Things to Do

Today, I tried to contact our HR department with some questions I had accumulated. Three times. Voice mail each time. So, tonight I compiled an email with my questions which I will send in tomorrow morning. That way, I'll have their answers in writing. The questions are concerning payment for unused vacation, family health (sick) and discretionary days, 401k distribution, my non compete agreement, and the calculation of the number of weeks of severance pay I will receive.

I also called the credit union and got my balance and interest payment date. I'll request a withdrawal and account closure next Friday, which will be my last day of work.

I found this list of "things to do" at About.com.

-Take personal property home, so there's no question what belongs to you or the company on your last day.
-Remove personal items (software, emails, etc.) from your PC.
-Collect current contact information from your future references, potential networking associates, and vendors and clients if appropriate.
-Get letters of recommendation.
-Compile a portfolio of your work.



So much to do, so little time now.

I also packed a box of personal items to bring home. I have lots of "stuff" in my office, accumulated for twenty eight years.



Does that about cover it? I can't think of what else I should do at this point. If anyone has any recommendations, please share.

2 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home