4.26.2006

A Raise Before Leaving

Today, when I logged on to my computer at work, I got a pop up message that said:

Your password will expire in 7 days! Do you want to change it now?


Well, no.

I've been busy packing boxes...3 so far, and 3 more started...and wondering what, if anything, to say (via email) to everyone I work with as a goodbye. Before I could compose anything, my manager sent out a general email to the department heads, advising them to reroute any of my correspondence to him, as I would be leaving on Friday. The final sentence of his email was:

Our sincerest thanks to Pamela for her immeasurably important contribution over the years, and the very best to her for the future!


Nice. Nicer is that he pushed through a 2% pay increase just before offering me a severance package.

Also, here's something of note. Since my entire career has been spent at this one company, I need to highlight each position on my resume. One employer, but ten different positions. Problem is, I couldn't recall when and what they all were, "official" titles that is.

I asked for my personnel folder, and was told I could copy everything for my personal use. I didn't know this; I asked as a favor, but evidently, legally, this information must be provided.

Finally, I noticed people whispering behind their hands quite often today, so I'm thinking they have planned something for Friday.

Oh lord.

3 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home