5.13.2006

Gratitude

As I end my second week of freedom...er...unemployment, I realize how blessed I really am. First, because I was able to make a gracious exit from a miserable job, with no burnt bridges and a generous severance package which enables me to avoid jumping into yet another miserable job.

Secondly, because...hello! It's springtime in NC!

Thirdly, because I am amazed how many wonderful friends and what a great family I have. Whether it's karma or what; I don't know. But I'm grateful.

Someone once gave me a little book called “14,000 Things to be Happy About.” It includes such things as “a champagne picnic up on the roof under the stars,” “wide beaches,” and “holding hands.”

Well, yeah.

But I recently came across another list, one that made my own mind start churning up old memories as well as remembering recent good ones.

This list included the following happy things; “boyfriends who let you put barrettes in their hair,” and “eating olives off your fingertips.”

Ooh, yes, I’ve done both of those things and what fun it is to remember them!

So, I decided to include in every few blog entries I manage to write from now on, at least one thing I am grateful for, happy about, or that makes me smile. Even if it's a grumpy blog. These things may not be things you would list, but they are mine, so there you go.

Give it a try. Try to mention a few things of your own from time to time; things that make you go “yeah………” with a smile on your face and a faraway look in your eyes.

Here’s my list for today.


  • a puppy lick
  • a pedicure that includes a foot massage
  • hearing someone snort when they laugh
  • Clay

What, you didn’t think I would forget Clay, did you?

Never.

8 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger Princess of Power said...

Oh I am a big time snort when I laugh kind of girl! You would love it. It's really very classy.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Princess of Power said...

Ok I meant to say SNORTER. I am not a snort. Ha!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger The ConCLAYve-Nan said...

The purr of my cat as he lays on my chest.

The green things growing in my garden - even if they are weeds.

My husband doing the ironing while I'm playing on the computer

And Clay

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Too Much said...

"14,000" is one of my all time fave books--I even listed it in my blog! I have turned to it many times in my life: reading parts on my way home to my grandmother's funeral, my first night in my very own apartment, and we used soem quotes in our wedding program. Great book, and great idea to make our own list.

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home