5.13.2006

In NC, It's Beach Time!

It's getting to be that time here in NC. Beach time!

I know some people in other parts of the country have their own terminology for visiting the area where the sand meets the sea. "To the shore," "the coast," "down the shore," but in NC we go to the beach!

I remember last summer when Clay Aiken vacationed on NC's Outer Banks, then he wrote about it in his blog on his official fan club website. Good heavens...you would have thought he discovered the place! Well, it just so happens I was at the beach that same weekend; only no one really cared. LOL! I wasn't at the Outer Banks though, just the Crystal Coast. Darn my luck!

The NC coast is amazingly beautiful and diverse. Wild ponies can be found on several coastal islands; Carrot Island near Beaufort, and even the small island of Shackleford near the heavily developed Atlantic Beach area. Their story is an amazing one. Read about it at Shackleford Horses.com.

NC has 10 lighthouses, including the famous Cape Hatteras light, the tallest in the nation. See them by clicking Lighthouse Friends.

Want to send someone a postcard from the NC coast? Go to NC Coast.com.

6 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger The ConCLAYve-Nan said...

I have always wanted to visit the Outer Banks. I used to look up cottages to rent and daydream. Of course, I never could afford the kind of place that Clay rented. But it looks like a magical place.

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home