5.10.2006

Not-An-Interview

I may have mentioned down below somewhere that I had never really had a job interview. Not a real one anyway.

Well, I still haven't. But I did have a "meeting" today with the general manager of my previous employer's largest competitor.

He actually called me on the last day I worked, and the conversation was somewhat humorous. It went like this.

GM: "Is this Pamela X?"

Wrong last name. So, I said,

ME: "No, but this is Pamela Z!"

GM: "Well, that was awkward."

I thought it was funny. Then he said,

GM: "Is this your last day of work? If not, then this is really awkward!"

I said it was. Then he said,

GM: "I know you are busy, and can't really talk, but here's my name and number and please give me a call next week; I'd like to talk to you."

I did. Then, I met with him today, and he was very nice and personable. They have no openings at this time, but he wants me to call him first before I accept an offer elsewhere. Nice.

Actually, that's a good thing, because I'm not looking right now. I need to take the summer off. I already have a vacation planned after all. Bought and paid for.



I'm going to Graceland! Graceland! Memphis, TN!

7 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home