5.13.2006

Mom's Day

Isn't every day Mother's Day? I guess not.

Hi Mom! Just kidding!

I read this hilarious blog about shopping for Mom's Day, and I had to share.

Finally I stop in the card section. Yes, something actually for mom -- that’s the reason we went out after all. I found the perfect card for her:

Front is three scenes of a cartoon mom and young daughter using "talk bubbles."
First scene:
Daughter: Tongue piercing?
Mom: NO!
Second scene:
Daughter: Tattoo.
Mom: NO!
Third scene:
Daughter: Run off to follow a pop star?
Mom: NO!


Thanks to blogger Too Much! for the laughs!

Here's the thing about mothers. I know there may be exceptions, but generally, the greatest thing about mothers is that they are the only people in the world who will always love you, no matter what. No matter how many times you lose, no matter how many times you fail, no matter how many times you let them down.

I've learned lots of stuff from my Mom. The number one thing is that I am not her, and she is not me.

Number two would be that when I was young, and she always said "when you get older, you'll know I was right;" well, she was.

The third thing is that if you want someone to trust you, you have to trust them back. A very valuable lesson I carry with me every day.

Oh, and one more thing I learned from my Mom - to laugh a lot. Life is pretty ridiculous much of the time, when you think about it.

Happy Mother's Day Mom!! Thanks for always loving me, no matter what. I love you too.

4 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

I think most Moms value those fingerpainted, wrinkled, hand made cards when we were kids more than anything bought in a store. Hey, maybe I'll do that next year; even if I am "forty something." ; )

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home